Your website planning session is a very important part of the project. We ask you lots of questions to get all the information that our team needs to deliver an outstanding website. Some of the questions require a bit of thinking and research so we’re giving you a head start – below you’ll find some of the questions that you need to be thinking about and have ready for our meeting, the better prepared you are for the meeting the faster and smoother your project will be. If you don’t know the answers that’s ok, we can discuss in more detail at the meeting.
- Make a list of some great websites that you like
- Point out what it is that you like about each one (design, button style, tone of wording, images etc)
- Note down the web address for three examples
- If you have an existing website please indicate which parts, if any, you would like to keep
What makes you great?
- Why would a client chose to work with you or what is your unique selling proposition?
- List at least four unique selling points, e.g. what do you do best or better than others?
- Who are your most valuable customers?
- Be as specific as you can here, read our blog on client persona’s here
- What are the most important needs of your ideal customers?
- What are your customers biggest barriers to buying from you?
- What are the main features that you wish to promote on your website?
Think about the products and or services that make you the most money or are in highest demand
- Are there any other features that you would like integrated into your website, such as
Newsletter signup, Chat window, Booking systems
- Do you have any good images to use on the website?
Read our blog here on how to supply images for your website. Your own unique images are always best and we recommend the services of a professional photographer. Talk to us about how to get the best images for a great price.
- Do you have any testimonials for the website?
Video testimonials are the best, alternatively written with images are good too.
Know thy competition
- List your main competitors your industry (for research purposes only), list the three biggest
Online Shopping website
- What payment options will your website use?
- What are the shipping/delivery fee options that your customers can select from?
- Do you require users to agree to any terms and conditions completing purchase?
- Do you have a returns and refunds policy?
Thats a great head-start and we can help with the rest.
You can always reach out if you have any questions before hand via email here.